Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

Hello everyone,

Welcome to 2010. As I think back over this last year I am instantly struck by the thought "Where did the year go"? What have I done.....or not done with my time or what should I have done. The questions are endless. One thing is for sure it was an invigorating year filled with many highs and also as is life, some lows.

As I was reflecting on the past year and anticipating this coming year I came across a scroll that was hanging in a Tibetan shop with a phrase from the 14th Dalai Lama. I purchased the scroll and in now hangs on the wall by my computer as a daily reminder. I thought I would share it with you. I hope you like it as much as I do!

The True Meaning of Life
We are visitors on this planet.
We are here for ninety or one hundred years at the very most.
During that period we must try to do something good, something useful with our lives.
If you contribute to other people's happiness you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life.

Beautiful, don't you agree! I especially like the part about ninety to one hundred years. So I've got quite a way to go yet. Good thing I like to drink wine with its health benefits (in moderation of course) or so they say!

So my promise to you this year is to open you up to many new experiences be they wine and spirits, culinary, music, theatre and just wonderful people that I come across in my daily life that I personally think you should know about. The world is our oyster!

I want to wish you all joy, happiness, love and prosperity in this new year and years to come!

Here's to 2010! And lots of blogging!
Jacqueline

1 comment:

  1. AMAZING.......beautiful words to live by. Here's to a great 2010.

    ReplyDelete