Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Wine Princess

Good morning,
I just have to share this with you. My sister-in-law is the bees knees! She is one of these people who listens when you speak. She is also observant when you are out shopping with her. She will remember something you said you liked a year ago, tuck it away in her mind, then keep her eyes and ears open in the hopes of finding that special something for you.

I spent last week-end with her and she had picked up a "couple of things for me". Oh did I mention she also has a great sense of humour. Have you seen the People magazines that are out right now that recollect things like people of distinction i.e. Martha Stewart going to jail? There are also the ones that recall an era. Yes, she had picked up the one that related to my era. And no I'm not going to say what era! After all, a lady doesn't talk about age! All I will say is that it is brilliant! A trip down memory lane!

She gave me the perfume that I love and have been out of for sooooo long! She also made a donation to an animal shelter for me because like her I love animals!! The next gift I couldn't help but laugh and laugh and laugh. Have a look at the picture below.

Now talk about funny. I LOVE THIS APRON!! How fitting for me. I love the necklace and the crown. I love the shades she is wearing and the bangle on her wrist. I love the fancy dress and the correct way she is holding the glass of wine. I love that she is swirling the wine and has her lips pursed in the manner that we do when tasting to draw in air to release the aromas. I love that she is a WINE PRINCESS!!

My sister-in-law has two sisters that are equally funny and great people to be around. Her one sister had bought her a book, a funny book of course, with little sayings about women and life and things. I especially liked two pages. The first is a woman in the kitchen with a bottle of wine and she says " I love to cook with wine, and sometimes I even put it in the food." I howled. You've got to love that wine humour. The next one is a lady with a glass in her hand and she says " I'm on a gin and tonic diet. So far I've lost two days!! Funny, funny, funny! (No I don't condone this type of drinking it's just about the humour!).

I hope you all have a wonderful person in your life as I do in my sister-in-law! Laughing is good!

Have a great day everyone!

Cheers
The Wine Princess

p.s.note to self...must get crown for my next tasting

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous ! Love, love love the apron ! Can I get one ? Kidding. Yes, I know what you mean about having special people in your life. People who actually think of you in such a loving way, care about you and love to make you laugh. She's really swell your sister-in-law !!!!!

    ReplyDelete