Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pepé le Pew - Little Beau Pepé



You ask "Jacqueline, what does Pepe le Pew the skunk have to do with a blog about wines and spirits"? Well let me tell you....

Imagine for a minute, it's your professional job to nose a.k.a. smell things for a living. This is my job. My sense of smell is quite a heightened affair wherever I go. Breathing is what we all do without a giving it a second thought. We breathe to stay alive. We are after all mammals.

For one whose job it is to decipher scents, interpret them in the context in which the note presents itself, my journey on the streetcar the other day got me to thinking about this cartoon character. No, no I was not sitting beside anyone with an off odour....although I have in the past, I will not tell a lie. No, I was thinking about the current story I am working on (more on that in another blog!) and how to approach it, which brought me to Pepe le Pew.

I was thinking about how Pepe the skunk was oblivious to his scent he puts out to the world and in particular to one Miss Penelope to whom Pepe believes to be a member of his animal kingdom. Unbeknownst to him, Penelope is actually from the pussycat family who accidentally had a stripe painted down the centre of her back.

As Pepe is a charming skunk ladies man, his attempts to woo Miss Penelope.....well, watch the video to see what I mean. Pepe is drunk with love and she is sick with le stink of Pepe. At one point there is a reversal of fortune and the chaser becomes the chasee!

This is a child's cartoon however the jokes are most definitely for the adults. One must pay attention to the humorous words of Monsieur Pepe le Pew.

It's all about the scents and scents ability! Welcome to my world!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment