Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Scotland and then some continued!

Continuing on from my last blog, here a just a few more photos of bonnie Scotland. I promise not to be wordy!! I have more photos that I will scan and post, for instance the photo of me in Robbie Burn's wee bed and at the pub he frequented, also climbing Ben Nevis. Let me tell you now that was no small feat! I was suddenly shrouded in mist so thick I couldn't see my own hand right in front of my face! More on that later.

Enjoy these few photos!!


What's a photo of Scotland without a sheep. This was on my way to Balmoral Caslte.

Awesome isn't it! This is Loch Lomond on what was an overcast day. Wait a second, now that I think about it, it's overcast most days in Scotland. They have sunshine and then a bit of rain and then windy and then........all four seasons in one day. You don't go to Scotland for the weather. It wouldn't have its appeal if it were a blazing, scorching, sunshine of a place now would it. Well it wouldn't for me. I always expect and look forward to the ambience of the scottish weather. It is after all surrounded by water. Oh look there I go again, and I promised not to be wordy. I just can't seem to help myself.
NEXT!


This is Glen Coe which you pass through enroute to Fort William and Ben Nevis. Is this not just fantastic! The three mountains on the left are known as The Three Sisters. And I took this picture. Love it!



Once again enroute to Fort William. In this photograph you can get a sense of the size of these mountains. To the right of centre is a house that sits curbside to the motorway. You can also see the burst of sun rays off in the distance. From where I was standing taking this photo it was misty with rain.



Glorious St. Andrew's, home of the famous golf mecca of the world! This is a ruin that I photographed at dusk.
In the near future I will be offering a trip to Scotland and its distilleries. Keep tuned in!
Cheerio

No comments:

Post a Comment